BECOME A HOSTING ORGANISATION
- adhere to the standards and procedures of the EU Aid Volunteers initiative and be certified by the European Commission (more information on the certification below).
- be active in the field of humanitarian aid.
- belong to any of the following categories:
- non-governmental not-for-profit organisations operating or established in a third country under the laws in force in that country;
- public law bodies of a civilian character governed by the law of a third country;
- international agencies and organisations.
EU Aid Volunteers’ purpose is to support and reinforce hosting organizations’ activities:
EU Aid Volunteers are qualified individuals of both junior and senior profiles. They offer skills and/or expertise in various areas such as:
- project management
- building local community resilience
- managing natural disasters consequences (for example: draught, flood, seism, volcanic eruptions…)
Recruited volunteers will form teams working in hosting organizations based in disaster affected countries. There, they will reinforce their hosting structures’ capacity to prevent and manage risks linked to natural disasters and improve the resilience of local community in case of disaster…